Search This Blog

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Media Project: Aluminum Foil

 



   While completing this project, one of the things I learned is that if you use some creativity, you do not need expensive equipment to create an intervention that can benefit the client. This assignment also emphasized the importance of the interview with a client so that the OT can get all the necessary information to create an intervention that is catered to the client. After reading through the case study I realized just how much you have to consider when creating an intervention. Initially seeing that the client was having trouble gardening I wanted to find a way to use the aluminum foil to help her with her big grades, but after seeing she can only do things for about 15 min and that her husband is gone most of the day for work, I quickly realized that having her garden outside alone was not the safest idea so I found a way for her to participate in gardening while sitting down inside her home.

   One thing that I learned from this assignment is that it really is important to always be working on creative and cheap interventions that can be used. Creativity is something that I definitely struggle with at times, but there will be times that I may not have access to the intervention tool that I would traditionally use, or the traditional intervention tool may not match the client's interests. This is another major advantage to creating an original intervention, it can be designed specifically to match the client's needs and interests. Hopefully this assignment will help me in the future to think outside the box when I do not have a clear answer or approach to a problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment